Remodeling to increase your home’s value is easier than you think. There are things you can do to improve your home that only cost a few dollars, or a few thousand dollars. That means, regardless of your budget, there’s always something you can do give your home’s worth a boost. Myrtle Beach is one of the fastest growing metros in the country, and that means stiff real estate competition. While it may be a buyer’s market, new homes and new developments seem to go up every day. So if you’re looking to sell your home, here are a few things you can do to stand out among the rest:
1. Update your kitchen. The kitchen is one of the most important rooms in the home that buyers will look at. Update the kitchen with a new backsplash (that we can install for you), flooring (again call us), or even some new, modern appliances to appeal to a younger demographic.
2. Paint. The simplest thing you can do to add value to your home is give it a paint job. You can hire professionals or do it yourself to save on the costs. Keep in mind that neutral colors are the most appealing to buyers.
3. Make your home energy-friendly. Modern home buyers are looking to purchase a home that will save them on utility bills. Make sure there aren’t any gaps near the windows that allow the hot summer air inside and drive up your electric bills. If your water heater is old, think about a replacement to impress buyers.
4. Improve your floors. We always see the value that brand new floors have in the minds of buyers. If you have cheap flooring, expect your home to be worth less than if you had a quality floor installed. That’s especially true if your flooring is buckling, looks worn, or has spots on it.
5. Invest in landscaping. Whether your plant some flowers, a tree or bushes, adding a “wow” factor to your home’s exterior is vital to its value. The outside of your home is the first impression you will make on buyers, so make sure your curb appeal will delight open-house visitors.
6. Update your bathroom. A full remodel can do wonders, but if your budget is smaller, simple fixes can bring new life to a bathroom. Install a new shower, or even swap out the wallpaper with a textured, modern look. Even replacing the lighting in the bathroom will improve the look, and the value to a potential buyer.
7. Take care of basic maintenance issues. Have a leaky faucet (or God forbid, roof)? Been putting of fixing the dishwasher? Whatever simple problems that you have around the house can be glaring holes in the mind’s of buyers. Take care of the small problems with the house and see a big reward later.
If you’re looking to improve your home to sell, we can help! Our local experts have been improving the flooring, bathrooms, kitchens and patios in homes all over the Grand Strand for over a decade. Contact us for a free estimate, and for more home improvement tips, like us on Facebook!